Saturday, July 5, 2008

Happy 4th July

I was a little disappointed when I found out that Tim needs to work on the 4th July. He has to follow company's local rules in terms of holiday schedule.

Whith nothing to get excited about, I decided to head out to IKEA to pick up some little things. I called Tim from IKEA around noonish to report to him that I saw a chair very similar to the one we just bought from the Staples (yes, Staples is here!) but is much more expensive.

Before hung up, I casually asked with no expectation in mind that when he planned to come home.
"I am leaving soon!" he said plainly as usual.
"What? why don't you tell me this morning so that I wouldn't go out." I complained a little since IKEA is a little bit far
"OK, I am coming home soon, too" I said
I quickly finished my business and hopped in a taxi to head home
By the way, that day, I paid total around RMB 90 for taxi to go back and forth IKEA to buy RMB 40 stuffs
Am I ridiculous or what?

Even with everyone reported in, we didn't end up with any magnificent plan. The humidity in the air drags people down. This was what we ended up with - a cuddly comfy, quiet, long, long family nap at home

Squarky happily curled up beside the bed and joined the family nap with babylike groans, sleep-talkings and a few his signature silent-but-deadly fart. We just love it! Ha!

That night we decided to, at least, eat something "4th July"
We decided to explore a newly opened street mall area nearby
We found "Johnny Moo", a retro style American dinner serves hamburger, milkshake, fries...
They have a TV playing all kinds of amusingly cheesy 80's musical videos




The place is brand new and the food is surprisingly not disappointing - at least burgers were juicy, not dried out and the nilkshake is thick. Burgers, milkshakes and fries... food that give you instant heartburns is what we need on this special day. As for veggies? I can wait for tomorrow. :)



0 comments:

About this Blog

Here records those old happy days that Squarky spent with us. They are combined from my old blogs.

  © Free Blogger Templates Spain by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP